It's almost the weekend and for all of you weekend warriors, that means...LONG RUN or RIDE! It also means that you need to pay particular attention to your post workout nutrition to help repair your muscles and properly prepare your body for your next workout.
Here is one of my favorite smoothies to try :-)
Ingredients for Smoothie
(in no particular order)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 Cup (2oz) 100% Juice
- 3/4 Cup (6oz) Water
- 1 Tsp Spirulina
- 1 Tsp Ground Chia Seeds (or Ground Flax)
- 3/4 Cup (6oz) Yogurt (Greek or Plain)
- 1/2 Scoop (15g) Protein Powder (Plant or Animal)
- 1/3 Banana (fresh or frozen)
Method: Toss it all in a blender (preferably liquids first) and mix it up or about 30 to 60 seconds.
Quick Prepare Tip: Mix all the ingredients except the frozen fruit in your blender cup and store it in the fridge. When you get back from your workout, simply toss the fruit in, blend it and voila! Yummy.